With roots that trace back to 1919, AIG is a global insurance company with operations in more than 80 countries and 54 000 employees. Today, based in New York, we are established as a multinational market leader.
AIG is the first foreign insurer in Bulgaria which entered the market of life insurance in 1997 focusing mainly on local corporate clients. In the autumn of 2013, the company started building a strategic center in Sofia (Sofia Center of Excellence) whose main focus is on supporting the operations of our European business units, as well as optimizing and improving the existing processes. Currently, we are a team of nearly 500 people, supporting our consumer and business clients from more than 10 countries in Europe. Our culture promotes operational excellence and expertise, process improvement, knowledge sharing, integrity, and engagement.
The Claims Expert is responsible for managing the whole lifecycle of a claim – from the moment an accident happens until final resolution. The role incorporates investigating the circumstances around an accident, making decisions about coverage, while simultaneously liaising with different stakeholder. The position provides opportunities for applying your analytical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills. Previous insurance experience is not required. Extensive internal trainings ensure we internally build and develop a next generation of insurance experts.
- Serving as first point of contact for claims registration
- Handling and settling insurance claims as per internal company procedures
- Investigating the details around the claim by identifying and requesting relevant information from various parties
- Making final decisions about coverage and indemnity.
- Communicating with customers and other parties (i.e. brokers, claimants, third parties), ensuring timely information is provided to all of them.
- Gathering and storing claims data according to internal compliance regulations
- Taking pro-active steps to effectively meet customer expectations by demonstrating high quality, professionalism, and accuracy.
- Fostering a culture of cooperation between team members to ensure high professional standards and positive atmosphere.
- Excellent knowledge of Italian language – C1
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize own tasks effectively
- Team-work capabilities – knowledge sharing, providing/seeking guidance and advice when needed
- General computer literacy – MS Office
- Work experience in customer service is preferred but not essential
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
Opportunity to advance your career within an international organization – global market leader in insurance business
Excellent social package
Ability to work from home two or more days per month
Friendly and professional work environment
Fun and relax zones – table tennis, PS4, foosball
Regular team events
New office near Joliot Curie metro station
If you are interested in this opportunity, please, send your CV. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview. All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.